Introduction to Security - DVD
- Video Preview
Note: This video is also available as part of our online video program and Academy courses, which allows you and all of your employees online access, anytime 24/7. For more information on our VOD and Academy online training systems, click here.
To view a preview of this video, click on the "Video Preview" tab above.
An important introductory for all new and potential employees! This Introduction to Security Second Edition is completely new and more comprehensive than version one. This training module was produced to instill motivation and dedication for applicants and security officers. It highlights and explains the rationale of most issues that confront guard services every day. Its main objective is to decrease turnover and create a mind set that will produce a better employee. Includes a 10 question exam and answer key.
- Use in the classroom for new employees
- Use in the applicant interview waiting room
- Use with the VOD to assign to individual employees
- A great introduction to educate all!
Some of the topics covered in this DVD:
- Why security officers are necessary
- How security officers fit into the company profile
- How to act as a deterrent
- What a security officer’s purpose is
- What a customers assets are and why it is necessary to protect them
- How to reduce liability for their company
- The various security functions they may be assigned to such as foot patrol, mobile
patrol, desk duties, gate control, etc.
- The difference between in-house security and contract guard company service
- Legal authority limits
- Difference between felonies and misdemeanors
- How to maintain a good attitude
- Why courtesy and honesty must be maintained at all times
- The observe and report requirements
- Time and attendance
- Many do’s and don’ts the officer will need to know while on duty