Active Shooter Defense Training Program
Suggested Duration: 2.5 – 3 Hours
This program is instructor ready. It walks the instructor through the course, advising them when to show the included PowerPoint slide presentations, the DVDs and when to administer the included exams.
According to the FBI, 69% of active shooter incidents are over in under 5 minutes. Security Officers may need to make life and death decisions, making this training subject one of the highest recommended to help understand an Active Shooter situation better. The Active Shooter Defense Training Program uses the Run, Hide, Fight recommendations from the Department of Homeland Security as its base of knowledge. It also covers a number of other important factors and techniques on what to do if this unfortunate situation ever happens on your site. Also included is an outline on how to create an important emergency action plan and put in place. This is an informative training program to help educate your employees, supervisors and managers.
The training program is geared towards the Security Officer, but it would also be a great session to present at your client’s site to educate them and help with preparing an Active Shooter Action plan. A great way to be proactive and show your extended value to your clients!
Some of the topics discussed:
- History of Active Shooter Situations
- Techniques Active Shooters use
- Characteristics of Violent Persons
- Signs to look out for with employees
- Security Officer role – Armed & Unarmed
- Run, Hide, Fight
- What to do after an incident occurs
- How to help prepare a plan
- Creating an Emergency Action Plan
INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAM:
- Instructors Guidebook
- PowerPoint Presentation on USB flash drive
- PDF of PowerPoint For Student Workbook
- DVD: Active Shooter Defense
- Exam and Answer Key